I'm not sure if it's because the Forest Preserve is in Mahomet, but I have heard this "seeing the forest for the trees" and "seeing the trees in the forest" several times in lots of contexts.
What's up with that?
And which one is worse?
Don't mean to get all philosophical, but seriously is it better to see detail or is it better to see the overall picture?
I have my thoughts but I want to see if anyone replies first. ;-)
I think you need both in life. Sometimes a person needs the detail, to appreciate the finer things in life for example. And other times a person needs to see the overall aspect of things. You can't function in life without both, nor can you have one without the other. It has to do with your perspective at that point in time. Does that make sense?
ReplyDeleteTotally makes sense. I think I was thinking the same thing but who knows. That was a long-ish time ago! lol. Thanks for replying Liz!
ReplyDelete