On our first day, we had seasoned chicken, roasted potatoes, and sauteed mushrooms. This was a simple meal, in which I found a recipe on Pinterest. I ended up only using the recipe as a guideline, finding that I could approximate measurements easily. I put chicken and red potatoes in a baking dish, sprinkling pepper and Italian-seasoning over everything. Baked at 350 degrees for an hour, and it was done. Joey was fantastic, too, because when I do the cooking, he does the cleaning. Works brilliantly.
On the next day, we cooked beef tips in the crockpot and made spinach salad. We dressed our salad with red, yellow, and orange peppers, avocado, mushrooms, tomatoes, oil and balsamic vinegar. We enjoyed it, but with Joey, it's hard to beat Nordy's barbecue in Loveland, Colo.
We ended up having leftovers of both meals and realized that we were maybe over-planning, which led us to eat leftovers the next night.
Our favorite meal of the week, so far, was Penne with mozzarella and tomatoes. This was a planned meal, however, I ended up throwing many additional ingredients into the sauce spontaneously. Overall, this was a super easy and tasty meal. It also was a cheap meal, costing us both to eat for less than $10 total. I chopped about a clove of garlic; several tomatoes (Roma); bay leaves (because I grabbed bay leaves instead of basil; next time, we'll do basil in this meal), heating these ingredients together in extra virgin olive oil. I then threw in some oregano, salt, and pepper. I was fairly generous with the pepper and oregano. I cooked the Penne boiling it with a drizzle of olive oil, and chopped up some of the mozzarella ball (the highest expense of the meal). It turned out better than expected (even without the basil).
Today, I made Turkey Burgers, which were so much better than expected and nothing like Skinnytaste's recipe, but still exceptional. I sort of forget what I put into the burger mixture to be honest, but I know it included:
- Ground Turkey
- Pepper (no salt to avoid drying out the mixture)
- All-purpose seasoning
- Egg (which makes this meal less healthy)
- A sprinkling of bread crumbs
- Mushrooms
- Onions
- Clove of garlic
Joey brought over and cooked bacon; and I chopped up an avocado as toppings. The seasoning was so much better than I thought it would be. Joey and I both want to add Worcestershire sauce into the turkey mixture next time. This meal was super easy and took only a half hour tops to make. Time is a plus, as Joey has limited time between homework, labs, and work.
Again, we have leftovers, so our plan is changing a little bit tomorrow, as we are going to heat up the Penne and the leftover turkey burgers. However, our process has been going well. As we eat our meals, Joey and I talk about how we will change some of the meals, keep some of them the same, and what we will continue to keep on our meal plan for December. It's also a nice way to spend time together--cooking and eating. Who could ask for more?
Cheers!
On the next day, we cooked beef tips in the crockpot and made spinach salad. We dressed our salad with red, yellow, and orange peppers, avocado, mushrooms, tomatoes, oil and balsamic vinegar. We enjoyed it, but with Joey, it's hard to beat Nordy's barbecue in Loveland, Colo.
We ended up having leftovers of both meals and realized that we were maybe over-planning, which led us to eat leftovers the next night.
Our favorite meal of the week, so far, was Penne with mozzarella and tomatoes. This was a planned meal, however, I ended up throwing many additional ingredients into the sauce spontaneously. Overall, this was a super easy and tasty meal. It also was a cheap meal, costing us both to eat for less than $10 total. I chopped about a clove of garlic; several tomatoes (Roma); bay leaves (because I grabbed bay leaves instead of basil; next time, we'll do basil in this meal), heating these ingredients together in extra virgin olive oil. I then threw in some oregano, salt, and pepper. I was fairly generous with the pepper and oregano. I cooked the Penne boiling it with a drizzle of olive oil, and chopped up some of the mozzarella ball (the highest expense of the meal). It turned out better than expected (even without the basil).
Today, I made Turkey Burgers, which were so much better than expected and nothing like Skinnytaste's recipe, but still exceptional. I sort of forget what I put into the burger mixture to be honest, but I know it included:
- Ground Turkey
- Pepper (no salt to avoid drying out the mixture)
- All-purpose seasoning
- Egg (which makes this meal less healthy)
- A sprinkling of bread crumbs
- Mushrooms
- Onions
- Clove of garlic
Joey brought over and cooked bacon; and I chopped up an avocado as toppings. The seasoning was so much better than I thought it would be. Joey and I both want to add Worcestershire sauce into the turkey mixture next time. This meal was super easy and took only a half hour tops to make. Time is a plus, as Joey has limited time between homework, labs, and work.
Again, we have leftovers, so our plan is changing a little bit tomorrow, as we are going to heat up the Penne and the leftover turkey burgers. However, our process has been going well. As we eat our meals, Joey and I talk about how we will change some of the meals, keep some of them the same, and what we will continue to keep on our meal plan for December. It's also a nice way to spend time together--cooking and eating. Who could ask for more?
Cheers!


No comments:
Post a Comment