Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Thoughts for the Day: 7-27-15



  • “I go to seek a Great Perhaps.” – Last words of Francois Rabelais

  • “…humanity has changed profoundly, and the accumulation of constant novelties exalts a superficiality which pulls us in one direction. It becomes difficult to pause and recover depth in life. If architecture reflects the spirit of an age, our megastructures and drab apartment blocks express the spirit of globalized technology, where a constant flood of new products coexists with a tedious monotony. Let us refuse to resign ourselves to this, and continue to wonder about the purpose and meaning of everything.” – Pope Francis’ Encyclical Letter

  • I think I’ll call my mom. Oh wait, it is 8 a.m. on a Tuesday. She’s definitely drinking already.

  • Can I be just a little bit more interesting? My phone is just like that person’s and that person’s. I’m bored.

  • Why is this runner here if you can’t wash it? – Joey; Because it’s pretty. – Crystal; But it’s on the kitchen table. Practicality, Crystal. – Joey; You’re being illogical. – Crystal

  •  You know you are getting cynical when the high-schoolers behind you on the bus are being lovey dovey, or actually being playfully abusive toward one another (like giving each other skin burns and pinching…), and all you can think is, ‘it’s not going to last.’

  •  I guess $5,000 is a “small-dollar” amount.

  • My buttons keep popping open. Shirt will not stay shut. #bigboobproblems

  • That’s an interesting spot for my hairbrush.

  • What will my last words be?

  • Spin Team

  • My buttons are stretched on this shirt, too. #bigboobproblems

  • I am going to blame everything on my boobs now. The dishes are dirty. #bigboobproblems

  • Our buffalo is still the best buffalo. Thanks to Dylan and his mad carving skills.


No comments:

Post a Comment